Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Buhari Says Acquittal of Senate President was Worth the Call, Court Allowed to Act

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Buhari Says Acquittal of Senate President was Worth the Call, Court Allowed to Act

President Buhari Says Acquittal of Senate President was Worth the Call, Court Allowed to Act

President Buhari has said the acquittal of the Senate president, Bukola Saraki was worth the call and the court was allowed to act.

He revealed this in a statement released through his official Twitter handle, @Mbuhari:

"Senate President Bukola Saraki has persevered through what has no doubt been a tortuous judicial process. In the end, he has established his innocence; the highest court of the land, the Supreme Court, says he is not guilty as charged.

"This is exactly what I did in the three elections in which I contested, before 2015. I was cheated, and I went to court each time, a firm believer in the primacy of the rule of law. The fourth time, God made it possible for me to be victorious and emerge as President of Nigeria.

"Regardless of the challenges the Nigerian judiciary is currently facing, it is one of the cornerstones of our democracy, and no one should be allowed to undermine it. The Supreme Court has spoken, and our democracy is stronger for it."
    Last edited by Nenye; 07-07-2018, 08:06 PM.
Working...
X