No announcement yet.

IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Alleges Nigerian Army's Intent To Terrorise His People

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Alleges Nigerian Army's Intent To Terrorise His People

IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Alleges Nigerian Army's Intent To Terrorise His People

Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, has alleged that the Nigerian Army intended to terrorise and scare his people, Channelstv.com reports.

This followed the violence at his residence in Umuahia on Sunday, where some soldiers reportedly clashed with supporters of the IPOB leader.

Addressing reporters on Monday, Kanu claimed that the Army troops were “firing live ammunition to scare people, to terrorise people in this very peaceful village, in this very peaceful town.”

He noted that there was no reason why an Army’s armoured vehicle should patrol in front of his father’s gate if there was no intention to cause mayhem.

Narrating how it happened, he said, “This whole incident happened right here. They drove from that way with their blaring siren that woke me up from my siesta and they went that way to that junction.”

“The armoured tank reversed and came back here. It wanted to come in and my men stopped them here and they started firing at people, right at this very spot,” Kanu alleged.

IpOB had earlier accused the Nigerian army of invading their leader’s home and opening fire on the security personnel who tried to prevent them from gaining entry.
Working...
X